RE: deleting objects from a pool

Well, that's the point of it, isn't it?

> At least
> it can only do one namespace at a time.  It was intended to cleanup rados
> bench runs,

And sometimes you need to clean up failed or more than one run (when "cleanup" doesn't work).

> and is dangerous because it doesn't require extra hoops like
> rados rmpool does.

Actually, it does, because you need to know that you can specify empty prefix or run name, and that's not that common knowledge.

> I'm tempted to disallow a usage this way with empty --prefix/--run-name
> arguments.

One solution would be to have "purge" command with syntax similar to "rmpool".
Disallowing any kind of "purge" without replacement would be a serious PITA for many users, including developers.

With best regards / Pozdrawiam
Piotr Dałek