Re: What is omap

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 14:48:15 +0100
Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Each object consists of three different data storage areas, all of
> which are 100% optional: the "bundle of bits" object data, the object
> xattrs, and the object omap key-value store.

Thanks for the explanation. This was unexpected. I thought an object had
one K/V namespace associated with it, with xattrs and omap being two
implementations of it, switcheable depending on OSD configuration.

> Each OSD has its *own* local leveldb where all that data
> goes; there's no cross-OSD LevelDB replication or communication.

Okay, that makes sense.

So, do I understand right that we don't have a document that
explains the above? All I want to write is "the list of buckets
is kept in omap of object such and such; see URL FOO for explanation
of omap".

-- Pete