Re: RGW S3 Website hosting, non-clean code for early review

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 04:30:19PM -0400, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub wrote:
> > Either I have to repeat a lot of code for it, which I'm not happy about,
> > or I have to refactor RGWGetObj* to more safely made the second GET
> > request for the error object (and make sure range headers etc are NOT
> > used for the get of the error object). I'm leaning to the latter.
> Is generating a new req_state a possibility? E.g., you catch the error
> at the top level, and restart most of the request processing with a
> newly created req_state?
That was the path I was trying, but not completely succeeding.
I think need to step it back further and have a partially customized
copy of the RGWEnv from client_io->get_env(), so that I can build the
modified req_info for req_state.

It isn't a full new GET really, it's really just custom content for the
body as well as some headers (mostly Content-Length, Content-Type), but
ignore EPERM/EACCESS on trying to fetch that custom content, and if they
are detected, consider that a success but with different HTML content.

> Great! I'll wait for the cleaned up pull request.
Do you want pull requests per logical change of my proposed series
split, or rather just one pull request with the full series?

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead