Re: Build RPMs from git

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Ken Dreyer <kdreyer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's how I do it.
>
> 1. Git clone
>
> 2. ./do_autogen.sh
>
> 3. ./configure --without-radosgw --without-fuse --without-tcmalloc --without-libatomic-ops --without-libxfs
>
> 4. # The "configure" step above creates a ceph.spec with the proper version number, which you can then copy:
>    cp ceph.spec ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/
>
> 5. # The "configure" step above also creates a Makefile, so you can run "make dist-bzip2" to get a properly-versioned tarball:
>    make dist-bzip2

This is really helpful, I was able to figure out what was needed in a
tarball manually, but this is what I was really looking for to create
the tarball.

Is there anyway to skip this step like in the deb build for really
fast builds? I guess if I don't have retar a dozen times to tweak
something every time because I forgot to add something to the tarball,
it won't be so bad...