Re: Will the number of objects that have ever existed be infinite?

On 05/23/2015 08:58 AM, 李沛伦 wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm a GSoC student this year and my job is to introduce Missing Rate
> Curve (or reuse distance exactly) of objects into OSD. Now I'm trying
> to find a proper algorithm to implement but there is a problem: Should
> I take the number of objects tracked in an OSD as infinite or
> constant?

A OSD doesn't track on a per-object basis, but it keeps track of
Placement Groups (PGs). A OSD can have a X number of PGs.

Technically the number of PGs might be infinite, but in practice you are
bound to CPU and Memory limits.

So I would be careful with the word "infinite", since nothing is really
infinite, eg size of a int/long might be the limitation for something.

But in theory there is no object or PG limit per OSD.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902