Re: Backport tracker migration complete

The backporter manual has been updated at http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO and deserves proofreading. The most significant changes are at:

HOWTO schedule an issue for backporting http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_schedule_an_issue_for_backporting in which there now is the part where we need to create additional issues. It won't burden the developer but I think we'll get tired of it quickly and we'll need a snippet to do it for us ;-)

HOWTO backport commits http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_backport_commits changes very little: instead of adding a link to the pull request as a comment to the original issue, we set the URL as the description of the issue, in the same way we set the URL to the issue in the description of the pull request.

HOWTO resolve issues that are Pending Backport http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_resolve_issues_that_are_Pending_Backport is the step that benefits most from the change. It was tedious and is could now trivially be automated via a snippet.

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre