Re: rocksdb with jemalloc

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Mark Nelson <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/11/2015 08:41 PM, kernel neophyte wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I am trying to use newstore + rocksdb + jemalloc. Currently rocksdb in
>> ceph compiles only with tcmalloc and not with jemalloc.
>>
>> Is there any reason for this limitation ?
>

> Heya, I'm guessing it's not by design, simply no one's tried doing it yet.
> What are you running into?

I run into configure: error: --with-jemalloc called with
--with-librocksdb_static, turn off
                                --with-librocksdb-static or --with-jemalloc

I do not see why  --with-librocksdb-static cannot be called --with-jemalloc

I pulled in changes from mainline rocksdb, I am testing it out, I will
send out a pull request to enable -with-librocksdb-static
--with-jemalloc

-Neo