rados semantic changes

It sounds like we're kicking around two proposed changes:

1) A delete will never -ENOENT; a delete on a non-existent object is a
success.  This is important for cache tiering, and allowing us to skip
checking the base tier for certain client requests.

2) Any write will implicitly create the object.  If we want such a
dependency (so we see ENOENT), the user can put an assert_exists in the op
vector.

I think what both of these amount to is that the writes have no read-side
checks and will effectively never fail (except for true failure
cases).  If the user wants some sort of failure, it will be explicit
in the form of another read check in the op vector.

Sam, is this what you're thinking?

It's a subtle but real change in the semantics of rados ops, but I
think now would be the time to make it...

sage