Re: Draft retirement mail for dumpling

On Mon, 4 May 2015, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Hi Sage,
>
> Do you think it's worth sending a mail announcing the retirement of
> dumpling ?

Yeah!

> It could be something like:
>
> Hi,
>
> Dumpling, the first major stable release of Ceph[1] published August 2013 retires after more than 18 months of service. People running a Dumpling cluster should upgrade to Firefly and then to Hammer.

s/first major stable/major stable/.

Also, I think we should adjust the timeline page to avoid use of the term
LTS (long term supported) and possibly "support" in general as that word
means pretty specific things to most people.  Instead, we should say that
the developer community backports bug fixes to these releases.  I
don't think it is a good idea to make promises about timeframes either.

Something closer to this?

	https://github.com/liewegas/ceph/commit/0415040f1ac6cc22259fc409ed8fc33f86e58c35

sage