RE: [ceph-users] systemd unit files and multiple daemons

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015, HEWLETT, Paul (Paul)** CTR ** wrote:
> What about running multiple clusters on the same host?
>
> There is a separate mail thread about being able to run clusters with different conf files on the same host.
> Will the new systemd service scripts cope with this?

As currently planned, no.  Unfortunately systemd only allows a single
substitution/id for identifying a daemon instance.  If we try to use
that for both cluster and (osd/mon) id (e.g., ceph-1, mycluster-232)
it gets ugly because we can separate them into different fields.
The current plan is for the cluster name to be specified in
/etc/sysconfig/ceph or similar.

I'm hoping anyone who really needs multiple clusters on the same host can
accomplish that using containers... would that cover your use case?

sage