Re: CephFS and the next giant release v0.87.2

Hi Greg,

On 17/04/2015 00:44, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Loic Dachary <loic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> The next giant release as found at https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/giant passed the fs suite (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11153#fs). Do you think it is ready for QE to start their own round of testing ?
>>
>> Note that it will be the last giant release.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> P.S. http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11153#Release-information has direct links to the pull requests merged into giant since v0.87.1 in case you need more context about one of them.
>
> All those PRs look like fine ones to release.
>
> I remember you went through a big purge of giant-tagged backports at
> one point though (when we thought we weren't going to do any more
> releases at all). Did that get somehow undone and all of those dealt
> with?

I inadvertendly closed a few issue that I should not have (less than 10 more than 5 IIRC). I carefully reviewed all of them and they have been dealt with indeed. There now is a HOWTO to prevent that kind of mistake, hopefully. http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_resolve_issues_that_are_Pending_Backport

> Some of them were more important than others and it would be
> some work for me to reconstruct the list, but I'll need to do that if
> you haven't already. :/

There are a four giant issues that are candidate for backporting : http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/issues?query_id=68, only one of which is related to CephFS. Do you think it must be included in this last giant release ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre