A (real) Ceph Hackathon

Hey Cephers,

For four days, August 10-13, Intel and Red Hat are holding a face to
face Ceph hackathon in Hillsboro, Oregon! We will be focusing on both
bug fixes and feature progression in the areas listed below.

Any developer who has made a significant contribution to the Ceph code
base is invited to join us. To support good collaboration we have a
limit of 25 developers for this event.

To request an invitation please email pmcgarry@xxxxxxxxxx with a link
to your github user so that we can verify a few commits and ensure you
are already comfortable with the Ceph code base.

The following members of the Ceph core team will be joining the hackathon:

  *   Josh Durgin (CTL for RBD)
  *   Sam Just (CTL for RADOS)
  *   Mark Nelson (Performance Engineer)

The topics we hope to focus on are:

  *   End to end performance and scalability for block storage
  *   Performance of SSD for backing-store
  *   Enhancements to RGW and streamlining the new Civetweb interface
  *   Other ideas at the request of attendees…

Hope to see you there!

--

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry