Re: Advice for implementation of LED behavior in Ceph ecosystem

Well, keep in mind that this isn't just for identification of failed disks. I can conceive of use cases where a user flips on one or more drive LEDs for identification or debugging purposes. That would be the distinction between identity and fail. We can give the user the ability to distinguish between the two and figure out which they'd want to use at any given time (also, keep in mind that the failure LED is not customer controllable behind some storage controllers anyway...).

I was wondering if I'd need to carry along the last known disk state...guess I'll figure that nuance out as I go.

Joe