Re: Advice for implementation of LED behavior in Ceph ecosystem

On 01/04/2015 22:57, Mark Nelson wrote:
It seems to me that the OSD potentially would flash the LED on it's way down if it thinks it's drive is dead/dying?
That's a good idea for the case where ceph-osd is proactively identifying a failing drive. I'm also thinking about the case where we come back from a reboot and a drive is sufficiently unreadable that ceph-disk doesn't see the OSD partitions and ceph-osd never gets started, or the OSD's local filesystem is unmountable. Because the keyring lives on that local filesystem, OSDs couldn't phone home in that case, even to report a failure.

John