Re: Fedora 21 packages

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Brad Hubbard wrote:
> On 03/29/2015 03:36 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
> > On Sat, 28 Mar 2015, Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am trying to install ceph on Fedora 21, but I can't find the
> > > packages, is there any?
> > > If not, can you please provide packages? I think they are more
> > > important than Fedora 20 packages since F21 has more support time
> > > remaining.
> >
> > We don't have f21 packages yet; knee deep in other release issues.
> >
> > We are always looking for people interested in maintaining the upstream CI
> > and build/release environment, though; it's a surprising amount of work
> > keeping it all running!  There are other distros and architectures we're
> > missing too (e.g. we have armv7l hardware but no time to resurrect the
> > builds) for lack to time.
> >
> > sage
>
> They look like they are there to me. Am I missing something?
>
> $ cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)
>
> $ yum list ceph\* --showduplicates
> Loaded plugins: langpacks
> Installed Packages
> ceph.x86_64
> 1:0.80.9-1.fc21
> @updates

These packages are from downstream Fedora.  What's missing are more up
to date packages built and published at ceph.com.  The distro only ships
one version of Ceph (the most recent LTS), while ceph.com gets everything
and ceph-deploy let's you choose which stable series or development branch
to install.  We're also not doing any testing on f21.

sage