Re: rados_dll: A Windows port of librados

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Ketor D <d.ketor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And also Alistair, would you like to help port your librados code
> to ceph-dokan project with a clean pull request?

Hi, Ketor!

At this point we figured it'd easier in both the short term (and
better long-term) to just start merging changes into "/ceph/src" (as a
submodule, of a fork of ceph/ceph) rather than maintaining a copy of
the files under "/src".

One of the difficulties we had with making changes with ceph-dokan was
how different the file structure alone was from upstream ceph. I
actually have a fork of ceph-dokan that mirrors the directory
structure of rados_dll and ceph/ceph, I can issue a PR for that (it
allows for clean merge).

>From there, we can continue collaborating on both projects separately
for now, until we have enough overlap and commonality that it makes
sense to merge the two.

What do you think?

Alistair