s3-tests development

Hello cephalopods, I use s3-tests to test S3Proxy[1], Apache jclouds,
and an internal project.  While s3-tests has good functionality as it
exists, the project has not progressed much over the last six months.  I
have submitted over 20 pull requests to fix incorrect tests and for
additional test coverage but most remain unreviewed[2].  Further
s3-tests remains biased towards Ceph and not the AWS de facto standard,
failing to run against the latter due to TooManyBuckets failures[3].
Finally some features like V4 signature support[4] will require more
extensive changes.  We are at-risk of diverging; how can we best move
forward together?

[1] https://github.com/andrewgaul/s3proxy
[2] https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr
[3] https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests/issues/25