Re: ceph versions

----- Original Message -----

This is the one I lean towards, with one slight variation. I'd drop the 'release' tag and have X.Y[.Z] format for the formal releases, e.g.,
2.0-dev1 first infernalis dev release
2.0-dev2
..
2.0-rc1
2.0-rc2
2.0 # infarnalis
2.0.1 # first dot release
2.1-dev1 # first j dev release
2.1 # j release

Then after a few release move to 3.0 to avoid the dreadful big numbers.

Sage did mention that this might have some issues in certain environments to sort correctly. Possibly replacing the dash with a tilde solves this?

Yehuda