Re: [ceph-users] who is using radosgw with civetweb?

Sage Weil <sweil <at> redhat.com> writes:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> > We tried to get radosgw working with Apache + mod_fastcgi, but due to
> > the changes in radosgw, Apache, mode_*cgi, etc and the documentation
> > lagging and not having a lot of time to devote to it, we abandoned it.
> > Where it the documentation for civetweb? If it is appliance like and
> > easy to set-up, we would like to try it to offer some feedback on your
> > question.
>
> In giant and hammer, it is enabled by default on port 7480.  On firefly,
> you need to add the line
>
>  rgw frontends = fastcgi, civetweb port=7480
>
> to ceph.conf (you can of course adjust the port number if you like) and
> radosgw will run standalone w/ no apache or anything else.
>
> sage

Like Robert, I have had trouble getting the gateway working with the Apache
methods.  So civetweb is something we would like to try.

I am running 0.92 built from sources using rpmbuild.  (This is on arm64).
So I assume I do not need any rgw frontends line in ceph.conf.

It would be good to document what steps from
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/config/ are still required when
using civetweb.

-- Tom