Re: Memstore performance improvements v0.90 vs v0.87

>>At least at first glance it doesn't look like it's enabled on either our
>>RHEL7 or Ubuntu nodes. No numad running either.

Do you have disable autonuma balancing manually ?

because look at kernel config of both rhel7 and ubuntu, it's really seem to be enabled by default:

CONFIG_ARCH_SUPPORTS_NUMA_BALANCING=y
CONFIG_NUMA_BALANCING_DEFAULT_ENABLED=y
CONFIG_NUMA_BALANCING=y

>>No numad running either.

AFAIK, numad was used by RHEL6, and auto-numabalancing is used since RHEL7.

One Other thing you could also check, is if transparent hugepages is enabled or not.
It's known to slowdown some applications, like databases for example. (So maybe memstore too)

#cat /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled
    always madvise [never]