ceph-fuse remount issues

Background: a while ago, we found (#10277) that existing cache expiration mechanism wasn't working with latest kernels. We used to invalidate the top level dentries, which caused fuse to invalidate everything, but an implementation detail in fuse caused it to start ignoring our repeated invalidate calls, so this doesn't work any more. To persuade fuse to dirty its entire metadata cache, Zheng added in a system() call to "mount -o remount" after we expire things from our client side cache.

However, this was a bit of a hack and has created problems:
* You can't call mount -o remount unless you're root, so we are less flexible than we used to be (#10542) * While the remount is happening, unmounts sporadically fail and the fuse process can become unresponsive to SIGKILL (#10916)

The first issue was maybe an acceptable compromise, but the second issue is just painful, and it seems like we might not have seen the last of the knock on effects -- upstream maintainers certainly aren't expecting filesystems to remount themselves quite so frequently.

We probably have an opportunity to get something upstream in fuse to support a direct call to trigger the invalidation we want, if we can work out what that should look like. Thoughts?

John