Linking libraries into librados

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting to this list, and I am a newbie in Ceph
development.

I am trying to write new functions into librados.cc and call external
libraries from that very function.

My problem is that I can't get my head around this build system when
using ./run-make-check.sh and adding a new <some-library-path>.a to
the src/librados/Makefile.am is giving me a headache.

I have successfully adjusted librados.cc and librados.h to do some
what I wanted, but whenever I reference a function in my external
library I get a undefined reference exception during compilation. I
have assumed that this is because I am not linking the library
correctly and would like to know what the correct way to link a .a
library for librados.cc.

TLDR: What is the correct way to add a library for librados.cc?

Thank you all for your help, please tell me if I can provide any more
information.

Cheers

Rafa.