Von: yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Yehuda
Sadeh
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. Januar 2015 17:39
An: Axel Dunkel
Cc: ceph-devel
Betreff: Re: radosgw: bad content length

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Axel Dunkel <ad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are issues with radosgw and large file transfers without using
> multiparts (like with "s3cmd --disable-multipart put") which seem to
> be somehow known, but unsolved.
>
> Things run fine if the request takes no longer than 180sec. If it
> takes longer, rgw_rest.cc (line 1236) gives the error "bad content
> length, aborting" AFTER the request has been fully completed (so no
> timeout issue). If the s3cmd runs less than 180sec things go through
> fine, if it takes longer, the same command fails.
>
> This error is given if the variable Content-Length can not be parsed -
> is it possible that some timer causes this variable to get corrupted?
> I did not find any 180sec timer, though...
>
> This is with ceph version 0.87
> (c51c8f9d80fa4e0168aa52685b8de40e42758578),
> Ubuntu 14.04.

That would happen if the connection is shut down for some reason (either
client to apache tcp connection, or apache module to radosgw connection).
This may very well be due to inactivity. At that point, rgw will get some
kind of EOF status, and will verify that total received content is equal to
the Content-Length field. If it's not equal you'd get that response. Are
you, by any chance, using mod_fcgid as the fastcgi module (as opposed to
mod_fastcgi, or mod_proxy_fcgi)?

Yehuda