Supporting partial writes for EC backend

Hello,

I realize that the EC Backend does not support all operations like partial writes, truncate, and others. I’d like to understand whether adding the missing operations is something that is architecturally possible, or if this is a limitation of the architecture / approach. Can someone shed some light on this?

I realize that partial writes are going to be slow/inefficient on an EC backend compared to a replicated backend.

Thanks!
Bassam--