Re: Deadline of Github pull request for Hammer release (question)

Hi,

It's a great start :-) A few comments:

Could you reference the jerasure files (they are in the jerasure plugin already) instead of including them in your patch ?

In ::prepare you reuse the matrix, if possible. If your intention is to improve performances, you should consider using the same approach as the isa plugin. See http://workbench.dachary.org/ceph/ceph/blob/giant/src/erasure-code/isa/ErasureCodePluginIsa.cc#L36 which is and independent type http://workbench.dachary.org/ceph/ceph/blob/giant/src/erasure-code/isa/ErasureCodeIsaTableCache.h with only one instance and is populated as needed and protected by a lock to make it thread safe : http://workbench.dachary.org/ceph/ceph/blob/giant/src/erasure-code/isa/ErasureCodeIsaTableCache.h#L101

I'll have more comments once you have unit / functional tests ( similar to http://workbench.dachary.org/ceph/ceph/blob/giant/src/test/erasure-code/TestErasureCodeJerasure.cc ).

Regarding your initial question: I think it is too late for the Hammer release. But from what I read it looks like we'll be able to merge in the early stages of the next release and that will give us time to properly test it.

Cheers