Re: ceph perf command?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Sage Weil wrote:
> Ceph is collecting all kinds of metrics internally that are exposed
> through the admin socket or via the 'ceph perf dump' command.  There's no
> convenient way to watch these values from the command line, though.
>
> A while back I wrote script/perf-watch.py that tries to provide something
> that spits out a line every second (ala vmstat, iostat, etc) of whatever
> metrics you specify.  It's a bit kludgey but look something like this:
>
> $ script/perf-watch.py -s out/osd.0.asok filestore.bytes osd.wr filestore.commitcycle osd.op osd.op_rw

One note: this currently only works on a vstart cluster (it assumes
./ceph) and I had to turn off the dev warning:

-DEVMODEMSG = '*** DEVELOPER MODE: setting PATH, PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH ***'
+#DEVMODEMSG = '*** DEVELOPER MODE: setting PATH, PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH ***'
+DEVMODEMSG = ''

(Incidentally, perhaps we should just turn that off anyway?)

sage