Running make check on each pull requests via jenkins

Hi Alfredo & Ken,

After a week of testing/fixing, I think http://workbench.dachary.org/ceph/ceph/blob/master/run-make-check.sh is ready to be used for CI. If I'm not mistaken, the next steps are to:

a) add a jenkins slave on a machine
b) add a build script to https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build
c) schedule a new job on http://jenkins.ceph.com/ with something like https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/pull/35

The only part I'm unclear about is the jenkins slave. The test I did were on a fedora 20 and ubuntu 14.04 and it would be better (as a first step) if there was just a single slave running one of these two operating systems. It will make it easier to diagnose problems.

The build script could be something like (module the pastebinit if jenkins can handle up to 100,000 lines of output).

export PATH=$HOME:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

author=$(git log -1 --pretty='%ae')
if test -z "$(git log -1 --pretty='%H' --author $author master)" ; then
    git log -1
    echo "Ignored because $author has no previous commit in master"
    exit 0
fi

sudo $(which apt-get yum zypper 2>/dev/null) install -y pastebinit
if run-make-check.sh > output 2>&1 ; then
    success=true
else
    success=false
fi
# because of https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ci/issues/71
url=$(pastebinit -b http://paste.ubuntu.com/ output)
commit=$(git rev-parse HEAD)
if $success ; then
    message="SUCCESS: make check on $commit output is $url"
else
    message="FAIL: make check on $commit output is $url"
fi

$success

Cheers

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10046