RE: Question on Ceph LRC design

[resend with plain format, sorry for the duplicated mail]

Hi Loic/Anderas,

I was trying to understand the LRC design in Ceph EC. Per my understanding, it seems Ceph was using a slightly different design with the Microsoft LRC: the local parities were calculated with the global parities included. Is there any special consideration on this change?
I was asking because in a typical MS LRC design the global and local parities could be calculated at the same time actually(I mean inside the Erasure Code library). But with this new design, we lost this potential optimization.

Thanks, -Yuan