XAttrs limited to 100 bytes

Hi folks,

I found out recently that xattributes are limited to 100 chars in length so I saw the commits that introduced this change [1] but I don't understand why this is needed if we take into account that by default xattributes are going into the omap.

In those changes it also prevents that limit to go over 100 even configured that way so I would like to know the reason for this limit and if there is any other way we can override it I might be missing.

For my use case I will need a much larger length so I think that there should be a way to easily increase the limit (or even have a much larger value as the default).

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/2111

Cheers,

--
Joaquim Rocha