Problem in src_cmpxattr?

Hi there,

I need to create an object O (if it doesn't exist) and set an xattr on it based on a condition that another xattr in a different object (X) should obey. For this, on the same write operation (called on O) I call create (not exclusively), setxattr and src_cmpxattr (with X as the src_oid), respectively.

What I noticed is that if object O does not exist, the src_cmpxattr returns -ENOENT (even if object X does exist). IMO, this error should only be returned if X didn't exist and not O.

Is this the correct expectation for what src_cmpxattr should do (compare an xattr on the given source object to the parameters given)? Is this somehow expected? If so, is there any other way that I can accomplish what I need as mentioned above?

Thank you in advance,

--
Joaquim Rocha