Open source SPC-1 Workload IO Pattern

Hi guys,
I created a simple test program to visualize the I/O pattern of NetApp’s open source spc-1 workload generator. SPC-1 is an enterprise OLTP type workload created by the Storage Performance Council (http://www.storageperformance.org/results). Some of the results are published and available here: http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc1_active .

NetApp created an open source version of this workload and described it in their publication "A portable, open-source implementation of the SPC-1 workload" ( http://www3.lrgl.uqam.ca/csdl/proceedings/iiswc/2005/9461/00/01526014.pdf )

The code is available onGithub: https://github.com/lpabon/spc1 . All it does at the moment is capture the pattern, no real IO is generated. I will be working on a command line program to enable usage on real block storage systems. I may either extend fio or create a tool specifically tailored to the requirements needed to run this workload.

On github, I have an example IO pattern for a simulation running 50 mil IOs using HRRW_V2. The simulation ran with an ASU1 (Data Store) size of 45GB, ASU2 (User Store) size of 45GB, and ASU3 (Log) size of 10GB.

- Luis