Re: Conflict with libgoogle-perftools4 in ubuntu12.04(precise)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Cheng Wei-Chung wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I know that the default precise repo did not have libgoogle-perftools4.
> It should only have libgoogle-perftools0.
> In the situation that we add the Ubuntu Cloud Archive will bring
> libgoogle-perftools4 with havana icehouse, juno and later version.
> It will make conflict with ceph if we have other softwares like
> mongodb that depends on libgoogle-perftools4.
>
> I found the following feature:
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/8039
> Is this feature still haven't done, right?

Right, it's not done yet.

> I try to build the ceph version 0.87 with libgoogle-perftools4 and
> upgrade from firefly in my test environment.
>
> It looks work normally. I think ceph can work on
> libgoogle-perftools0/libgoogle-perftools4.

Great!  It just needs patches to the packaging files, to go through
testing, and then we need to make backported packages (possibly/probably)
for a few older distros.

It will be a bit awkward to to changed this for a stable release like
firefly, though.  How disruptive will that be?

sage