Re: issue #8752 (inconsistent PGs on RBD caching pool)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 19:01:52 Sage Weil wrote:
> > This is one we have never seen in our QA environment, and no real leads.
>
> I'm much surprised about this... Is it really that unusual to use replicated
> caching pool in front of RBD erasure pool? All my OSDs are Btrfs-based and
> recently I've upgraded all kernels (i.e. kernel RBD clients) to 3.16.3.

My guess is a btrfs issue.  The weird thing about your report is the byte
totals are off by an uneven number of bytes (3 bytes, 9 bytes, etc.).
We haven't ever seen this.  We do test RBD over cache tiers on btrfs,
but not with EC on the base.  I'll add that combo to the matrix.  My first
guess is a btrfs issue, honestly.

> Unlike some shifty issues that may be hard to replicate this particular one
> was very persistent and noticeable, no effort to reproduce at all. I've been
> observing it for several months already...

Does it continue to come up after the kernels are upgraded (and after a
full cycle of scrub and repairs have been done to clear out
inconsistencies introduced while running the older kernel)?

sage