Re: ceph-disk vs keyvaluestore

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, Haomai Wang wrote:
> Hi sage,
>
> What do you think use existing ObjectStore::peek_journal_fsid
> interface to detect whether journal needed.
>
> KeyValueStore and MemStore could set passing argument "fsid" to zero
> to indicate no journal.

I'm not sure it's a good fit... it's called on an existing store and tells
you something about it.  I would probably expect a zeroed fsid to mean
that the specified journal is empty or does not exist, not that it doesn't
need to exist.

What we need, on the other hand, is something that just tells us whether
we should create a journal...

sage