Question to RWLock & reverse DNS ip=>hostname

Hi,
by chance I had a look to the RWLock class. To my best knowledge the way you create RW locks it defaults to writer-starvation e.g. all readers will always jump a head of a pending writer. I cannot imagine that you never have the opposite requirement in the CEPH multithreaded code but I didn't review where it is used. In case you are aware, you can just ignore this comment, otherwise one could add the option to create a writer-prefering RWLock at construction time using e.g.
pthread_rwlockattr_setkind_np(&attr, PTHREAD_RWLOCK_PREFER_WRITER_NP)

Another question: I couldn't find a base implementation to translate IPV4/6 ip's to host names?
Is there same configuration table/method allowing to get back from an OSD address retrieved via OSDMap::get_addr() the original host name avoiding the use of DNS lookups?

Thanks Andreas.