Re: how to enable ENCODE_DUMP debug option for message

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Shu, Xinxin wrote:

> Hi all ,
>
> I want to debug message and noticed that there is  ENCODE_DUMP debug options , I recompile ceph with the following command line :
>
> ./do_autogen.sh -d 1 -e /var/message/ -n && make && make install
>
> then excecuted 'rbd ls', but in the /var/message/ directory , the message file did not get created .
>
> any tip about this ? thanks in advance.

Did you make clean beforehand?  Does the process have write access to that
directory?  I usually use /tmp/foo or something.

Once you generate a bunch of encoded blobs, you can use
src/test/encoding/import.sh to import them into the corpus, and then
ceph-object-corpus/bin/prune.sh to prune it down to a reasonable size
before committing the samples for the current version.

I'd really like to automate this process somehow, but right now it's
done manually (and not frequently enough).  :/

sage