Re: giant and hammer dates

Personally I'd prefer a longer testing and bugfix period for named
releases.  4 months of development plus 2 months of testing.

I would also like to see a 6 month release scheduled for named releases. As someone trying to build a product with the Ceph software, I would like to see less, and better QAed, named releases. I am currently skipping every other named release, so I am on a 6 month cycle anyways. I play with the non-named development releases, and would like to see them continue, as it allows me to test out the new features in my lab before they get into a named release.

Eric --