Re: Company affiliation transition

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The simplest solution to keep the .organizationmap[1] file up to date
> regarding the Red Hat / InkTank acquisition would be to just wait for
> developers with an @inktank.com email to move to a @redhat.com email. I
> guess the same could be applied to other company affiliation change, as
> long as all the company is absorbed. It does not work well when a single
> individual moves from one company to another and keeps using her/his
> personal email.

I think it would be ideal if the same individual's contributions can be
attributed to multiple organizations depending on which email they
used, for exactly this reason.  The way that .organizationmap and .mailmap
are chained together makes this impossible, as far as I can tell?

> Does anyone see a problem with this approach ?

I'm not sure exactly what you're proposing...

sage