Re: What the ceph do when detecting one OSD overloaded?

On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, zou wonder wrote:
> Hi Wido:
>
>    Thanks for your kindness, i checked the codes just now, seems there
> were no overload related thing in CRUSH codes. It is a little bit not
> consistent with the CRUSH paper.
>  So if the %100 utilized OSD is returned, the objects will still be
> written on the underlined storage device?

The 'overload' discussion in the CRUSH paper corresonds to the

 ceph osd reweight-by-utilization

command, which looks at disk utilizations and adjusts the osd reweight
values to divert some mappings away from OSDs with
significantly above-average utilizations.  This tightens up the
statistical variance in utilizations across devices.

sage