Re: Experiences with Ceph at the June'14 issue of USENIX ;login:

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 09:32:19PM +0300,  Filippos Giannakos wrote:
> As you may already know, we have been using Ceph for quite some time now to back
> the ~okeanos [1] public cloud service, which is powered by Synnefo [2].
(Background info for other readers: Synnefo is a cloud layer on top of
Ganeti).

> In the article we describe our storage needs, how we use Ceph and how it has
> worked so far. I hope you enjoy reading it.
Are you just using the existing kernel RBD mapping for Ganeti running
KVM, or did you implement the pieces for Ganeti to use the QEMU
userspace RBD driver?

I've got both Ceph & Ganeti clusters already, but am reluctant to marry
the two sets of functionality because the kernel RBD driver still seemed
to perform so much worse than the Qemu userspace RBD driver, and Ganeti
still hasn't implemented the userspace mapping pieces :-(

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead