Re: A plea for more tooling usage

Sage Weil wrote:
> If anybody is interested in helping with that effort, pull requests
> are very welcome!  :)

Here goes: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/1814

I'm not sure though I like what I did, this macro magic is slightly
over-verbose, and even clang error messages are not overly helpful,
should one get something wrong around there.

As hinted at in the patch, something like boost::program_options would
be nice, but that's a chunk of work & I'd rather hear feedback first
this way or the other. For the boost option, not sure if verbose error
reporting (the if (oss) parts) would translate over easily, I presume
that is deemed important?

Another pending fix in my fork, is consolidating the spelling of long
args in the code (majority uses dash as word separator, minority
underscore). That conflicts badly with the ceph_argparse_flag() change
of course, thus unsubmitted & curious about your feedback for the
while. Again, retaining acceptance of both spellings is probably
mandatory? ;)

Cheers,

--

Thorsten Behrens

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg; GF: Jeff
Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)