Re: XioMessenger (RDMA) Status Update

On 05/13/2014 04:08 PM, Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
Hi Ceph Devs,

I've pushed two Ceph+Accelio branches, xio-firefly and xio-firefly-cmake to our
public ceph repository https://github.com/linuxbox2/linuxbox-ceph.git .

These branches are pulled up to the HEAD of ceph/firefly, and also have improvements
to XioMessenger which allow:

1. operation of (at least) a minimal Ceph Mon and OSD cluster over Xio messaging alone
2. initial support for Accelio in the MDS server and Client/libcephfs (not formally tested)

There are some new config options:

(global addr) "rdma local" sets a local rdma interface address
(global bool) "cluster rdma" selects Accelio for intra-cluster communication
(global bool) "client rdma" selecs Accelio for libcephfs communications

These changes haven't been strenuously tested, we'll expect to have additional information
and likely new, simple rados bench results against this code in the next several days,
at latest.

Excellent new Matt.  Can't wait to see your results! :D

Thanks,

Matt