Re: Fwd: Kernel-client crash when adding OSDs

On 04/30/2014 04:16 PM, Thorwald Lundqvist wrote:
Hi!

A few days ago I added a bunch of new OSDs to hour production servers,
we have 3 hosts that maps and unmaps hundreds of RBD devices every
day. with aprox 100 RBD devs mapped at each host at any given time.

Adding OSDs is usually quite smooth if you do it the right way. I
usually follow the Manual adding/remove of osd as explained in the
documentation. Except when it comes to the crush add, i prefer
decompiling and compiling my own crush map.

So I preceded as usuall, prepared the OSD disks, keyring and so on,
and then I started up 4 new ceph-osd (osd.{9,10,11,12}) on the new OSD
host. BAM; a host that had a bunch of RBD devs mapped crashed and
rebooted with this in the log: http://pastebin.com/YKJSdWLv

That procedure seems right, I've done that multiple times and it all worked fine. That was with librbd and RGW though, so I'm not sure if this was a kernel issue.

I realise that this is not much to go on since there's no stack trace
or anything, but if anyone can help me reproduce this, I'd be
grateful. And if anyone had the same issue would really like to hear
from them too.

I'm running Linux 3.14.1 and ceph 0.72.2.

Thank you for your time,
Thorwald Lundqvist.
Jumpstarter AB

Wido den Hollander