From: ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gregory Farnum
Sent: Saturday, 26 April, 2014 2:02 AM
To: Mohd Bazli Ab Karim
Cc: ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Ceph mds laggy and failed assert in function replay mds/journal.cc

Hmm, it looks like your on-disk SessionMap is horrendously out of date. Did your cluster get full at some point?

In any case, we're working on tools to repair this now but they aren't ready for use yet. Probably the only thing you could do is create an empty sessionmap with a higher version than the ones the journal refers to, but that might have other fallout effects...
-Greg

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM, Mohd Bazli Ab Karim <bazli.abkarim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> More logs. I ran ceph-mds  with debug-mds=20.
>
> -2> 2014-04-25 17:47:54.839672 7f0d6f3f0700 10 mds.0.journal
> -2> EMetaBlob.replay inotable tablev 4316124 <= table 4317932
> -1> 2014-04-25 17:47:54.839674 7f0d6f3f0700 10 mds.0.journal
> -1> EMetaBlob.replay sessionmap v8632368 -(1|2) == table 7239603
> -1> prealloc [1000041df86~1] used 1000041db9e
>   0> 2014-04-25 17:47:54.840733 7f0d6f3f0700 -1 mds/journal.cc: In
> function 'void EMetaBlob::replay(MDS*, LogSegment*, MDSlaveUpdate*)'
> thread 7f0d6f3f0700 time 2014-04-25 17:47:54.839688 mds/journal.cc:
> 1303: FAILED assert(session)
>
> Please look at the attachment for more details.
>
> Regards,
> Bazli

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential, especially as regards personal data. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dealing, review, distribution, printing, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message (including any attachments).

MIMOS Berhad is a research and development institution under the purview of the Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not relate to the official business of MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts responsibility for the same. All liability arising from or in connection with computer viruses and/or corrupted e-mails is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

-
-
DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s)
only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the