Re: problem with /lib/lsb/init-functions

Hi Sage,

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014 09:38:06 Sage Weil wrote:
> In commit 012bb5fb5bbc76e5a2c5037dc0c6558f0b1b0a45 we added a dependency
> on /lib/lsb/init-functions which is not present on rpm-based machines.
> This thread
>
> 	http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2007-August/msg01920.html
>
> proposes a workaround but there is also some concern about this being
> slow.  Do you know what the best practice is here?  I'm not familiar with
> this area.

I can't tell what is the best practice on Red Hat.
On Debian such include is a standard practice.

> 	http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/8028

I just updated the above ticket with the following:

    This is because of missing depends on "lsb-base". I reckon it (or similar
    package) should be available on RHEL/CentOS. Besides my commit is not a
    problem as other init scripts already had similar include.
    So to me it looks like RPM packaging issue...

I hope this helps...

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
        -- Philip K. Dick