Switch to RBD format 2 by default after Firefly

Hi,

With Ubuntu 14.04 now shipping with the 3.13 kernel it fully supports Format 2 in both librbd and krbd.

For RHEL 7 there will be a extra yum repo with a module which supports format 2, so isn't it that that after Firefly we change 'rbd_default_format' to 2?

I still see a lot of images being created with format 1 and that will otherwise be hunting us for a long time.

I'd vote for making format 2 the default or at least patch the 'rbd' tool to create format 2 images.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902