Deterministic thrashing

Hi Ceph,

It would be nice to have a way to replay the random events injected by stanzas such as

- thrashosds:
    chance_pgnum_grow: 2
    chance_pgpnum_fix: 1

When a teuthology workload (such as tracker.ceph.com/issues/7914#note-34) crashes once a week and the error is not obvious, it would increase the probability to reproduce the crash. Instead of the "trashosds" we could have something like "recorded-trashosds: trashosd.events" and instead of being random they would happen more deterministically (same number of events and same number of seconds between events ?).

I realize this is non trivial to implement but maybe someone already thought about that and has a better idea ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre