Re: [ceph-users] Ceph User Committee monthly meeting #1 : executive summary

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Milosz Tanski <milosz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Loic,
>
> The writeup has been helpful.
>
> What I'm curious about (and hasn't been mentioned) is can we use
> erasure with CephFS? What steps have to be taken in order to setup
> erasure coding for CephFS?

Lots. CephFS takes advantage of almost every RADOS capability, and EC
pools support only a subset of that. We haven't even whiteboarded what
would be required at this time. If using a cache pool is a feasible
option that would be a lot easier, but we haven't evaluated it yet.
-Greg