Re: Issue #5876 : assertion failure in rbd_img_obj_callback()

Le mercredi 26 mars 2014 à 15:58 -0500, Alex Elder a écrit :
> Olivier reports that with the simple patch I provided
> (which changed a "<" to a "!=" and removed an assertion)
> he is running successfully.
>
> To me this is fantastic news, and you can see I posted
> a patch with the fix.
>
> There remains a race condition though, one which I described
> in a separate message earlier today.  I don't think it will
> prove to be a problem in practice, but I agreed to work on
> a fix to ensure the race condition is eliminated.  It will
> require some work with reference counting image and object
> requests.
>
> The fix won't be coming today.  But I aim to provide it
> in a matter of several days.
>
> 					-Alex

One question from one of my customers : why am I the only one to
complain about that problem ?
I know that Ceph users often use qemu/librbd instead of kernel client,
but what is the trigger of those «race condition» ? Having "multiple
requests" per RBD image ? It should be a normal use, no ?

If someone can help me give an explanation, thanks :)

Olivier