Re: mon_command

Hi David,

On 20/03/2014 03:40, David Zafman wrote:>
> My understanding is that are going to be using rados_mon_command() to create pools according to Tracker #7586: deprecate rados_pool_create.  What I found when building a test case for EC is that after using the mon_command to create the pool I need to use wait_for_latest_osdmap() in order to wait for the change to propagate.  The replicated pool test case using pool_create() doesn’t need to wait_for_latest_osdmap().
>
> Should we be deprecating librados calls in favor of the very generic mon_command() interface?

> I would suggest that we add the appropriate librados features to manipulate erasure coded pools.

What do you have in mind ? There are osd erasure-code-profile, osd crush rule create-erasure and the additional arguments to osd pool create can be used with rados_mon_command (or mon_command with the suggested implicit wait_for_latest_osdmap ). Anything else ?

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/doc/dev/erasure-coded-pool.rst

Cheers